2013 Schedule of Demonstrations
Master Chocolatier Baruch "Bernie" SchakedAward-Winning Chocolatier
Saturday October 12th at 12:00 pm
Sunday October 13th at 11:00 am
Baruch Schaked will make his famous rendition of the Mayan Chocolate Drink for guests to try while he opens real cacao pods flown from Puerto Rico to taste, touch and smell. A must for any chocolate aficionado. Mr. Schaked will also be available to sign his "Viva Chocolate" book he wrote in celebration of his love for chocolate.
Executive Pastry Chef Jordi Panisello
Saturday October 12th at 11:00 am
Chef Jordi Panisello is a career pastry professional with serious skills when it comes to confections. He has been named one of the ten best pastry chefs in the U.S. by New York Times Magazine and has had the honor of cooking at the James Beard House five times.
Executive Pastry Chef Alethea HickmanOwner of Passion for Pastry
Saturday October 12h at 2:00 pm
Chef Hickman will share the secrets of her perfect techniques for cake decorating using Fondant and Chocolate Decor.Alethea has been featured on the Food Network: Cake Challenge, and proudly holds the 2011 Guinness World Record for creating the World’s Largest Cupcake, tipping the scales at a whopping 1317 lbs! Alethea has created cakes for people such as Lebron James, Dan Marino, Ray Lewis, Chris Everet, Jack Nickolson, John Henry, Al Malnic, and many more
Chef Instructor Juan VillaparedesLe Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts
Sunday October 13th at 12:00 pm
Born and raised in Venezuela, graduated in Caracas with a degree in marketing and advertising. After working in the television industry for more than 5 years, his passion for culinary arts was enhanced when he served as an apprentice for Chef Mark Audibert, one of the leading food make-up artist in Venezuela. In 2000, he moved to Miami and started working as a Pastry Chef Assistant at Mark`s South Beach Restaurant. He joined Le Cordon Bleu in 2008.
Corporate Pastry Chef Armand BergerRader Foods Inc. in Miami Gardens
Sunday October 13th at 2:00 pm
Corporate Pastry Chef Armand Berger of Rader Foods Inc. in Miami Gardens, a south Florida renowned high-end quality distributor of gourmet baking and pastry ingredients.
He will demonstrate how to create the famous French cookies "Le Macaron." Chef Armand will also give a brief history of the French Macaron and offer Samples of his delectable dessert "Pistachio and Raspberry Macaron."
Executive Pastry Chef Stephanie SteligaCafe L'Europe West Palm Beach
Sunday October 13th at 3:00 pm
Executive Pastry Chef Stephanie Steliga of the Cafe L'Europe in West Palm Beach will be demonstration how she decorates and garnishes some of the famous desserts served at Cafe L'Europe. Guests at this demo will also get to sample one of Cafe L'Europe famous dessert.
Saturday October 12th, 2013
- 11:00 am - Amazing Homemade Chocolate Marshmallows by Executive Pastry Chef Jordi Panisello of Fontainebleau Miami Beach (45 minutes)
- 12:00 am - Tasting of a Mexican Chocolate Drink (using old world methods) and Taste, Touch and Smell - Cacao Pod and Beans by Bernie Schaked, Founder of Schakolad Chocolate Factory (45 minutes)
- 1:00 pm - The Creation of a perfect Chocolate Truffle Cake with Bourbon Caramel Sauce by Executive Pastry Chef Devon Batson of Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Hollywood (45 minutes)
- 2:00 pm - How to Properly Decorate a Cake using Fondant and Chocolate Decor by Pastry Chef and Owner Alethea Hickman of Passion for Pastry (45 minutes)
- 3:00 pm - Chocolate Fashion Show - No Demo
- 4:00 pm - Delicate Chocolate Fall Dessert Presented in an Elegant Glass Vessel by Pastry Chef Keith Wallace of the St. Regis Bal Harbor Resort (45 minutes)
Sunday October 13th, 2013
- 11:00 pm - Tasting of a Mexican Chocolate Drink (using old world methods) and Taste, Touch and Smell - Cacao Pod and Beans by Bernie Schaked, Founder of Schakolad Chocolate Factory (45 minutes)
- 12:00 pm - Creating a Perfect Opera Cake by Chef Instructor Juan Villaparedes of Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts (45 minutes)
- 1:00 pm - Chocolate Ravioli with Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce and Espresso Ice Cream by Pastry Chef Carlos Claudio of Riverside Hotel Las Olas(45 minutes)
- 2:00 pm - Caramel and Chocolate Jewel - an Individual Dessert Demonstration by Corporate Pastry Chef Armand Berger of Rader Foods (45 minutes)
- 3:00 pm - Chocolate Garnishes and Tasting of one of Cafe L'Europe famous signature dessert by Executive Pastry Chef Stephanie Steliga of Cafe L'Europe (45 minutes)
* Demos and Times are Subject to Change